* Not available in 2014-15
· To become better musicians through the acquisition of a variety of musical skills such as notation reading, analysis, composition and listening.
· To gain basic knowledge of the major composers throughout time.
· To improve our senses so that, musically speaking, we can hear what we see and see what we hear.
· To find and embrace your inner music dork!!!
· A combination of lecture, demonstration, drill and practice, composition, and listening.
· Required: Work book (provided-don't lose), notebook, folder, and PENCIL. *with an eraser*
· Recommended: Staff paper notebook
· 100 % effort. You may not excel at all the topics covered, but you are expected to give it your best effort.
· You will be graded on the following: Daily HW, keeping (and bringing to class) an organized notebook, projects, quizzes, unit tests, and class participation.